so after a few days in Rome, I finally made it to my apartment in Florence. Rome was absolutely beautiful, a lot bigger than I expected but it was awesome. We did the typical tourist stuff, Colosseum, Trevi, Spanish Steps, Forum etc. My favorite part was, Scholars Lounge haha its your typical Irish pub. There was a fairly large group of us that went and it was so much fun. No italians in there, but a lot of Americans,ozzies and other europeans and some random asians(Haley- real asians haha)But then the next day came and as expected, Alyssa got sick haha. I couldnt eat all day Wednesday and we had to walk all around Vatican City, I thought I was going to die. And as for eating, its a lot more difficult than I had expected. Most people dont know what gluten is so trying to describe it in italian which im already horrible at is half the battle. BUT risotto, is AMAZING!
So today, we left our 4 star hotel in Rome(they completely hooked us up) and drove up the coast to Florence where they brought us to all of our apartments. There are 80+ in my group and they split us up into apartments of 3-5. I live a block away from the Ponte Vecchio(look it up-incredible) on Via delle Terme la Corta. Its a building of about 10 separate apartments and they are all occupied by students all going to the same school(FUA) but through a different program so its pretty legit. My apartment is incredible, its a 2 bedroom 2 bath loft with a full kitchen, living room and dining area. As soon as we got here we made the journey to IKEA, which is apparently pronounced differently here haha(figured that out the hard way). Needless to say it took 6 college students almost 2 hours to figure out how to get 15 minutes down the road haha.
So im all unpacked and have to get up early for 2 more days of meetings and orientations then classes start monday(tuesday for me because im smart and chose not to take classes on mondays or fridays HA!). I'll keep updating this as often as I can and ill be posting pictures up on facebook as soon as I take some(im a little behind on the pictures) haha
Love you all and miss you tons!
p.s. keep on the lookout for the post cards!!
No comments:
Post a Comment